Friday, August 10, 2012

Langston's Baby Dedication

On mother's day we had Langston dedicated in the prayer garden after the service.  Pastor Dave has done an individual dedication for us for each child and I love it.  This time Nick surprised me and had a prayer written out for Langston.  Dave had told him he would have him pray so he wanted to have something prepared.  It was so special it brought me and him to tears during it.  I love that my children have a dad that prayers for them and loves the Lord.

Langston's Prayer

Samuel 1:26-28
"[Hannah to the Priest Eli] As surely as you live, my lord, I am the woman who stood here beside you praying to the LORD. I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him. So now I give him to the LORD. For his whole life he will be given over to the LORD." (NIV)
Psalm 127:3
Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from him. (NLT)
Proverbs 22:6
Direct your children onto the right path, and when they are older, they will not leave it. (NLT)
Deuteronomy 6:4-7
 Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts.  Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. (NIV)
Dear Heavenly Father,
Thank you for Langston. Although you have entrusted her to Jessica and me, I know she belongs to you. Like Hannah offered Samuel, We dedicate Langston to you, Lord. We recognize that she is always in your care.
Help us as parents, Lord, with our weaknesses and imperfections. Give us strength and godly wisdom to raise Langston after your Holy Word. Please supply what we lack. Keep her walking on the path that leads to eternal life. Help her to overcome the temptations in this world and the sin that would so easily entangle her.
Dear God, send your Holy Spirit daily to lead and guide her. Ever assist her to grow in wisdom and stature, in grace and knowledge, in kindness, compassion and love. May she serve you faithfully with her whole heart devoted to You. May she discover the joy of your presence through daily relationship with your Son, Jesus.
Help us never to hold on too tightly to Langston, nor neglect our responsibilities before You as a parent. Lord, let our commitment to raise her for the glory of your name cause her life to forever testify of your faithfulness.
In Jesus' name we pray.
Amen.





Nick reading the prayer from above.

The family that was present (minus Navy and Rebecca because Navy was not happy)


Sweet girl's big day

No comments:

Post a Comment