Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Garden is Improving

So earlier I wrote about my garden problems this year. With the lightening of the rain and some sunshine it has started to come around. I did have to do a magnesium treatment on my tomatoes to help with fungus, but it seems to have done the trick. I will probably have to continue it throughout the summer though. I have also had to spray the squash with some insecticidal soap to keep away the insects, but so far I don't think any bigger critters have come to feast. I do have some chicken wire if I need it, but I hope not to.

Lettuce that has finally grown.

Swiss Chard, broccoli (that may never fruit), carrots, and some cilantro on the side

Tomatoes with some basil along the sides

Peppers

First cherry tomato growing

Squash, zucchini, and cucumbers

Garden as a whole

A perennial from last year with some flowers I started from seed.  They are just starting to bloom.

2 comments:

  1. yea!!!!!!!!!! Where did you get the wire for the tomatoes I need to get some this weekend ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can get the cages at any home improvement store. These are the cheapest I thought. You can also find stakes and keep tying them with cheese cloth as the grow.

    ReplyDelete