Thursday, August 11, 2011

Kenan's First Day of Kindergarten

Kenan is attending Scott Elementary this year for kindergarten.  We decided to have him ride the bus so I wouldn't have to load the kids up to take and pick him up.  It works out good because the pickup is two houses down on the corner of our street and another.  Yesterday morning he climbed on just like a big boy.  I told him as I was waiting that he was making me cry because I could feel tears welling up.  He just looked at me and smiled.  The hardest thing was Easton not being big enough to go with him.  First Easton was sad when Kenan put on his backpack because he didn't have a little one.  Then when the bus came into view Easton said "woohoo the bus" and then when he realized only Kenan was getting on he started crying.  That afternoon when Kenan got off the bus I asked him how school was and he said "it was wonderful."  The one thing I found out he didn't like was music class.  He doesn't like to sing in groups.  Today he had gym and he was much more excited about that.







No comments:

Post a Comment