Monday, April 9, 2012

7, 8, and 9 Months (Way Late)

Love it!!!! She could finally sit up with her sign.

Nick thinks this is one of her big bows.  I said she had to have at least a few.

I am just not good at blogging, but I am really trying to at least get pics of Langston for each month as well as new stuff she is doing.  This post I am catching up on 3 months so here goes.  At the beginning of her 7th month (right after she turned 6 mnths old) she started sitting up on her own.  She was so good from the start I think she could have done it for awhile, we just forgot to practice with her.  The woes of being third.  She loved sitting.  She could sit and play for over an hour content.  We went to a lot of basketball games since it was January and she was a hit with the girls on the team.  Once Kenan said "how come they don't like us?"  I felt so bad.  I told him they did, it is just girls love babies and when he was a baby they did the same thing.  I left out the part that Nick was coaching boys when he was a baby and they don't have quite the same reaction.  She also got to experience a few drama practices.  Not as many as the boys did because I tried hard to find babysitters since three is hard to handle while leading a practice.  Sleeping continued to be around 10 hours at night with two good naps during the day.  At the end of this month we started rice cereal.  This was almost a month later than we did with the boys, mostly because she didn't need it yet and I was lazy.  She did a great job with her food at first.  Stay tuned in the next months though.


She tore the sign up this month.  All she wanted to do was play with it.


At the beginning of the 8th month Langston cut her third tooth.  It was another bottom one which now gave her three on the bottom.  She continued to love sitting and playing.  She started playing with toys a lot more this month.  She would take things out of containers and put things back in.  She loved to grab things and pick them up, still chewing on them as well.  As we started to introduce some new foods like avocado, peas, and green beans that I would make she continued to eat well but started to have problems with bowel movements.  I don't like to give juice so I gave her some prunes even though I didn't plan on doing fruit yet.  It worked a little bit, but still not as well as I hoped.  She wasn't even getting that much food, one meal a day.  Some days we would skip the food then just to get it out of her system so the breast milk poop could kick back in.  This would work, but I think it caused her to be disinterested in her food.  She started to not care if she ate much or not.  Basketball ended this month so it was nice to have dad around more.  I was bummed I didn't get any snow pictures with her this winter because of our lack of snowfall.

I thought it would be fun to do a different sign for this month since we were on vacation

Tiny footprints in the sand

As the 9th month rolled around Langston started to move more than she had before.  She still loved to sit and play forever, her personality the first 9 months has been awesome, but now she wanted to lean and reach for things more.  She would scoot around in circles and could reach things far away from her just by stretching.  Still no attempt to crawl or stand against things much.  She is happy and content so much of the time I don't think she is in a hurry.  Sleep got a little crazy because I think she was starting to cut the top teeth and those bothered her more than the rest had.  Many nights she would wake up and I am sure she was in pain.  Once the teeth cut through the gums, she started sleeping better again.  They always seem to be bothered right before they break through.  Naps continued to be two a day if we were home for them.  I was teaching a lot of Truth Talk this month so many days Langston and Easton would be at the play center at ECLC.  Miss Amy did a good job of getting her to take some kind of nap, it is just hard with other kids around to sleep very long.  I am glad my kids have always done well with being flexible and adjusting.  With our crazy schedule sometimes this is a lifesaver.  I continued to add some new foods to the mix, this time the orange colors such as sweet potatoes, carrots, and butternut squash.  She loved these.  Since she continued to have trouble with her bowel movements I tried some other fruits, but she was not crazy about fruit.  Even the prunes she had started to refuse.  It was about this time I started trying a few organic premade baby foods because we were getting ready to go on vacation and I didn't know if I was going to be able to bring much of my homemade stuff.  She was not a fan.  Once again it was because of the fruit.  Many of the ones I liked had a fruit mixed with them such as green beans, peas, and pears.  Or another was spinach, mango, and broccoli.  Any hint of the sweet and she didn't want it.  The organic brands I liked didn't have very many first ones to choose from where they weren't mixes.  Oh well, I guess I would have to make due with my stuff somehow.  I also began to give her some puffs so she could begin to feed herself.  I love that they now have some better ones like kale and collard greens or purple sweet potatoes with blueberry.  I know they are still like baby junk food, but in moderation I like them as a snack for the kids.  Well she loved to feed herself.  So much so that by the end of this month she had started to refuse pureed veggies because she wants big people stuff.  More on that in month 10.    Weight at her 9 mnth appointment was 17 lbs 9 oz and she was 27 1/4 in long.  This is around 30-35% for both areas.  At the end of this month we went to Florida and spent some time at Disney world and the beach.  I know she won't remember her first time, but we had a lot of fun.  I plan on at least getting a post about the trip(hopefully).  For the trip we moved her to the bigger carseat rear facing so she would have more room.  Although we never moved the boys this soon and she could have continued in the carrier, we have just kept her in the bigger one.











No comments:

Post a Comment