Monday, April 9, 2012

The Boys

Since anytime I am catching up on the blog it is putting posts for each of Langston's months on there, I feel I am neglecting my guys.  Here is some of what has been going on with them.

Kenan:  He started kindergarten this year at Scott and I couldn't have asked for a better year.  He is doing so well in everything at school.  His teacher says he is a delight to have at school and he has excelled in all subjects.  I am so proud of his accomplishments because I am not working with him near what I should be.  It is funny how quiet he is in school compared to home though.  People will comment that he is probably out going at school and he is actually opposite.  I know he says he doesn't really talk to any students and he barely talks to the teacher unless called upon.  I think he is afraid of getting in trouble.  I have asked about lunch and recess and he says he like playing by himself.  Last week he was so cute when he came home and was excited because he talked with two kids at lunch that day.  They get green tickets each day if they have good behavior and he has had one every day and sometimes he gets double green tickets.

Even though his fall soccer season was a bit rocky and Nick decided he wasn't ready for basketball socially, we signed him up for baseball this spring.  The big difference this time around is that Nick is not coaching him for this.  Right now he seems to do better with another adult in charge and us just watching.  I am glad we did sign him up though because I think he would just be getting farther behind skill wise if we had waited.  Some of these kids are already in their third year and they are just 5 and 6 year olds.  He has his first game this Saturday.

Easton:  This year has been fun with Easton because he has been able to be home with me and Langston away from Kenan.  Not that being around Kenan is bad, he just wants to do everything big brother does and this way he can be himself more.  He is such a big helper and quite a character at times.  He just cracks me up.  He is so smart and I am afraid he may actually be bored once he is in school and could become the class clown.  We shall see.  He is excited to start preschool at Friends Forever next year.  It is weird because he is about 6 mnths older than Kenan was when he started and is more advanced.  It feels like he should be starting preK instead of preschool.  He won't be old enough for any sports in the fall, but we will probably sign him up for things a bit earlier because he gets so sad wanting to be able to do everything Kenan can.  Some of the things we have done this winter consisted of library class, walking the mall, the nature center, and he would go to the playcenter at ECLC.  He really likes Miss Amy and she does a good job of doing crafts and learning activities with them.


My sweetie

Ice skating for the first time.


Balloon fun


In front of one of the drama scenes.  This was my last year and even the boys will miss it.

Most of the time Langston takes a bath by herself, but they were getting in while she was getting out and I had to take a cute pic.

No comments:

Post a Comment