Monday, January 5, 2009

One Week Old
















It is hard to believe that Easton is already one week old. Kenan has been so good with him. I know that may change soon, but for right now it is cute to watch. He will go up to him just randomly and give him a kiss and say "I love you Easton." He is also very protective of him already. So far, the biggest change we have noticed is the time it takes to get them both ready to go somewhere. We haven't done that much yet, but we like to stay on the go, so we will have to learn to get quicker. Easton's sleep habits are still a bit switched, but he is not doing too bad. Hopefully he just keeps getting better instead of digressing. Easton started off the new year meeting the small group on New Year's day. We had planned to get together, and since we were already home we just kept things the way they were. I enjoyed seeing all of the new additions to our families in the year 2008.

My recovery from pregnancy has been really good, but my own personal health has not. I was coming down with a cold when Easton was born, and it just seemed to get worse. I still have not kicked it. To top off things, Saturday night I went to bed to wake up shortly after with the stomach virus. I seem to be recovered from that, I just hope that Easton does not get any of what I have had. I will say that this time around I almost miss being pregnant. Not necessarily the physical changes of it, because I definitely was ready to be comfortable again, but the emotions of it. Now that I know from Kenan just how fast they grow up, I'm not ready for that to happen to Easton, and if you are still pregnant they are not growing up yet(at least not out of the womb). Also, I just love my labor days. I know people may think that I am crazy(and getting an epidural about halfway through usually helps) but the days my boys have been born have been two of the most exciting and memorable days in my life. I miss them when they are over. They have also been special days between me and my husband. I am so thankful for the family God has blessed us with.

No comments:

Post a Comment