Tuesday, April 12, 2011

2011 Garden

As I said in my earlier update, we decided to do a garden again this year but this time in our backyard. I hope this is a family tradition we keep up because I love doing it for multiple reasons. Instead of doing a garden directly in the ground like last year we are doing raised beds because our soil is not very good. Right now we have two done, but we plan on adding a third. They are 12 inches tall and 3 feet by 6 feet in size. In the pictures you will see that only one is filled and planted in, and that is because I wanted to get out some spring plants this year. I will finish the second one and add the third in a couple of weeks when we transplant my indoor plants and direct sow some others. The seeds I started outside so far are two kinds of lettuce, spinach, swiss chard, broccoli, and carrots. Inside I have started peppers, tomatoes, multiple herbs, and some different varieties of flowers. The pictures show a progression of how things are growing so far. Kenan even started a few peppers and herbs to put in the windowsill, and they are coming up good as well. He is excited to see something he started from seed grow and flourish.




















































































1 comment:

  1. yea yea yea to all the updates!!!!! I could comment on them all but I will spare you LOL

    ReplyDelete