Monday, April 4, 2011

Time to update

So, one of the reasons I don't blog as much as I do is because I like to include pictures with my posts and that is what seems to take the most time. Because of that, it has been almost a year since my last post and I apologize. I really would like to be better at updating this thing. I won't go back over the whole year because that would take forever. Instead I will give some 2011 highlights without pictures just to make sure it gets published.
Again the majority of our January and February was spent at basketball games. This year Nick transferred to North High School and was a part of the girl's program. He has worked with the girls before, but after being with the boys for 5 years you have to get used to the pace again. We had fun though and the best part was a sectional win. Second win in school's history for the girls.
I once again directed the school musical out at St. Wendel. This year we did Bugsy Malone Jr. It is a gangster musical written to be played by kids so it worked out well. In the past I have had practice 3 days a week, but this year I went to two day a week practices and just made them longer. Babysitting two kiddos and having older kids just makes it harder to get out to school three days a week. The kids did a great job(and my kiddos did well with everything also). We even had an article in the paper this year about our drama club. I am so proud of all the students I work with accomplish. Some people wonder why i continue to do something that takes so much of my time and I don't get paid for it, well here is one reason. This is a letter from a parent of one of my quieter students: "Thank you so much for all of your work and dedication to the St. Wendel School play! (Student's name) really enjoyed the experience and it was a great confidence builder for him!! Thanks for making a difference in his life!" Now I don't share this to make myself look better, but to show why I do what I do. Whether it is my kids or someone elses kids, I work with them to make a difference. Help them achieve their best potential and see the person they can become. That is what I have always loved about my career path. Whether it was when I was a full-time teacher, or a stay at home mom/part-time teacher.
The second aspect of teaching I have dome this year was to work with the Evansville Christian Life Center in a program called Truth Talk. It is an abstinence based sex ed. class that is taught to 5th-9th graders. It starts with a one day class for 5th a builds from there. I observed a bit last year and then got trained at the end of the school year. This year I have taught at Harrison, Plaza, ECS, and Lincoln. I will finish up with North in May. I have really enjoyed getting to share what I feel are vital truths to students at such a pivotal time in their lives.
The boys are getting so big. Easton just got potty trained last week. Although he does not have it down pat, he is doing great and will just get better. He really has been so much easier that I thought because he loved his diaper. I couldn't have asked for a better transition. This is good to because our third child, Langston, is due at the beginning of July.
Kenan is finishing up his second year at Friends Forever preschool. He has flourished this year and is starting to get excited about kindergarten next year. We had looked at sending him to ECS for the half day program, but felt it wiser with our finances to not spend the extra money. He is enrolled in Scott for next year and we are attending kindergarten roundup tomorrow. So far I am happy with what I have seen there, his favorite part is that daddy's new school is right down the road.
Finally, we are doing a garden again this year. Instead of at a friends house though, we put raised beds in our backyard. So far two are in and we will be putting in one more. They are 3 feet by 6 feet and 1 foot tall. The only thing planted outside so far are the cool crops such as spinach, lettuce, swiss chard, and broccoli. Inside we have started numerous herbs, flowers, tomatoes, and peppers. Kenan helped plant so he is very excited to see them growing so well. Hopefully I will get some pictures up soon, but that is all for now.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you!!!!!!! Now I will be looking for pics soon just fyi! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great update and CONGRATULATIONS on Baby Wade!

    ReplyDelete