Friday, July 22, 2011

The Garden is Still Hanging on

I finally pulled up my lettuce and broccoli from the garden.  The lettuce looked good but was bitter tasting and the broccoli never produced fruit.  The peppers are pretty pitiful, but two of them have a few peppers actually growing so I have left the,  Everything else is doing well.  I have picked squash, zucchini, yellow zucchini, cucumbers, some cherry tomatoes, and carrots.  This past week is taking its toll on the garden though because I have had to prune back several areas on the squash and tomato plants that have browned and turned yellow from the heat.

Yellow zucchini, yellow squash, and green zucchini

Kenan was the one who wanted to plant carrots.  These are the first ones picked.



I have lots of green tomatoes and not very many red yet.

cucmbers, squash, and zucchini

1 comment:

  1. I think your boxes are getting a little full! :) This heat is really doing a number on my squash and zucchini plants. I think the zucchini plant may be done for completely. Still lots of peppers and green tomatoes holding on, though.

    ReplyDelete